Saturday, February 4, 2012

6 Month Mark!


I know it has been almost a month since my last post, sorry friends!  Anthony & I have both been ridiculously busy with school and work.  I am so thankful that I took care of so many things the summer we got engaged and last semester because I don't know how I would have done so much with all of the classes that I'm taking.  Some people may criticize a 15-month engagement, but this long period of time has been perfect for us.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that we've already been engaged for 9 months (I have to rethink it when people ask because that seems like such a length) & only have 6 short ones left until we are husband and wife!

This month, we will also be celebrating our 4 year anniversary (by the time we get married, we will have been together for almost 4 and a half).

Before I talk all about how busy the last month has been, here's a look at what all needs to get done in the next couple of months (the ones that are in italics are leftover from 6-9 months).

_ Select attendants' dresses, shoes & accessories.
_ Select & book ceremony musicians (think I may want a violinist, but not sure if there will be room in the budget or not...the string quartet that costs $1000 for an hour is definitely out of the question!)
_ Schedule fittings & delivery dates for yourself & attendants.

_ Start shopping for each other's wedding gifts. (already kinda have an idea about what I want to get A)
_ Reserve rental items needed for ceremony & reception. (need to go through Beyond Details to do this & haven't heard from them since I signed a contract with a different florist, so we'll see how that goes...)
_ Finalize guest list. (ugh, such a task. I'm just going to have to sit down & make myself do that one weekend)
_ Select & order wedding invitations, announcements & other stationary such as thank-you notes, wedding programs, & seating charts.
_ Address invitations or hire a calligrapher. (think I could probably do this myself, right?)
_ Set date, time & location for your rehearsal dinner.
_ Arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests.
_ Start planning your honeymoon. (we already know where we're going...the Playa Linda Resort in Aruba thanks to my dad!)
_ Select & book all miscellaneous services, i.e. gift attendant, valet parking, etc.
_ Register for gifts. (can't wait to do this part! eeekkk!)
x Purchase shoes & accessories.
_ Begin to break-in your shoes.

Speaking of invitations, Haley Rae & I went to Carmichael's today on the recommendation of Jeff from The Garden Gate (dropped off the contract for flowers & decorations today!).   We looked through like 10 gigantic books filled with all different types of invitations.  Here are some of the highlights:























Haven't exactly settled on any kind of color, style, pattern, etc. but it was still super fun to look at all of them :)  

Yesterday, my sweet friend Mandie came over to take some pictures of Anthony & me!  It was so much fun & she got some great shots (knew she would, she's so great at what she does!).  If you haven't seen them on Facebook or would like to check out a few more, go to her blog & check them out :)  I can't wait to order the 16x20 photo canvas that I got on Groupon & use one of these pics...it will absolutely be hanging in our living room someday soon!

I've also been looking into attendants' attire but haven't firmed anything up yet.  We will be visiting men's clothing stores on the third weekend in February & going bridesmaids' dress shopping at Lorna's Bridal in Loganville the first weekend in March.  I have to admit, I'm the most excited about the girls' dresses!  I can't wait to see which ones they pick for themselves since each girl will get to have their own unique one.

Another exciting thing that has happened is that I emailed my boss from last summer at Pinckneyville (art camp) & let her know that I would be interested in coming back this summer (it really was a great job with good pay and awesome hours) & she told me that they'd be glad to have me back as part of the team!  This is such a blessing & I know the extra money will really come in handy by the time August comes around :) Now everyone can just pray that Anthony can find an awesome full-time job with good benefits by the time we get married...please & thank you!

More blessings...I had a meeting with my advisor in the Early Childhood Education program last week.  It was so encouraging!  Next semester looks totally great & I feel like it will be easy to settle into married life with this schedule.  She also told me that she "highly recommends" getting married & that waiting would just be silly (she & her husband waited until they were finished with their graduate degrees--met in undergrad--& she said that looking back it was really pointless to wait).  She also told me that changing my last name in the system would be quite the process & that she would be glad to walk me through all of it.  I couldn't believe how helpful & supportive she was; it is so opposite from what I usually hear out of people & it made my heart happy! :)

 I have another post with an exciting announcement coming extremely soon, but I have to get some pictures first :) let's just say it involves another very special box...!

First, a few inspiration pictures that Mandie & Anthony have been sending me lately:




I'll be updating again very soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment