Thursday, January 12, 2012

7 Months (Minus One Week) To Go

I know, I know I've been totally slacking lately.  8 days late on this post!  Things got really crazy with New Year's, Anthony's 22nd birthday, & getting back in the routine of work & school I don't even have a picture of the month of January in the wedding planner to post :( like I said...slacking big time!

There isn't much new to report, other than I got the contract from the florist & am getting ready to send it in.  There's not as much of a rush because I already placed our deposit...the contract is just a formality at this point.  Today, I firmed up plans for the DJ.  Lou from Spectrum Entertainment will be doing the music for the ceremony & reception.  They are the preferred vendors for The Cotton Warehouse, so we trust that they'll do a great job!  They also offered us a wonderful discount because we're booking them through TCW.  Saving money is always a great big bonus :)

Since we're tying up both of those lose ends (florist & DJ), pretty much the only thing left on the to-do list for 6-9 months is to find the attendants' attire.  The girls will be so much easier because I have 11 dresses (same designer, fabric & color) that they can choose from & they're also going to be able to pick from a few different shoes), but I'm a little more worried about sorting out Anthony's, the groomsmen's, ushers', & my dad's attire because I'm certainly no expert in men's clothing Hopefully someone can help me out with that! :)  Ideally, I would like to get all of those things done by the 6-month mark, but I'm thinking that as long as it's done by the first couple weekends in February, everything will be fine.  I'm much less worried about suits coming in within a few months than my girls', so I'm making that more of a priority.

One last thing: ribbon inspiration from Hobby Lobby :)


My mom & I are going shopping for her M.O.B. dress on Saturday, so keep an eye out for a post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment