Friday, December 30, 2011

Final Florist

Quick update! 

This post will be much shorter than usual.  I finally picked a florist, & the one that I did not choose made it very easy for me to walk away from them.

I already felt like Jakob at Beyond Details was backing me into a corner when he offered me a discount that was only valid for one day, but then yesterday I received an email from him saying that he had another bride looking at the August 4th date & he wanted to make sure that it was okay with me to let that date go I replied, very professionally, that I had been having trouble making a decision & that I didn't want to take away from their business in any way, but that him emailing me saying that he had another client for that day made it easier & that he could go ahead & book them. 

He responded a few hours later saying that he would much rather do my wedding since I am already one of their brides & it would be easier for him to do the wedding at the venue they own He said that I had until lunch-time today to get back with him if I had a change of heart.  I'm not usually comfortable rushing into decisions even if I know it's exactly what I want, but I was already having pretty big doubts about BD doing our flowers.  Whether he actually has another bride or not, I don't know.  I'm starting to think that all could have been made up so that I would hurry up & book them.  But the whole situation did not sit right with me, so I replied that I had already booked the other florist as soon as I turned him down & made a deposit today.  I did it in the nicest, most professional way that I knew how because we still have to work with BD for our catering & wedding site

I am pleased to announce that The Garden Gate Florist in Monroe will be doing all of our flowers & decorations :)

Shout out to my MOH, Haley for running all over creation (& getting lost in the ghetto) with me today to get the deposit & everything taken care of!  I truly don't know what I would do without you!

One last thing: All of the "C"s that I painted to go on our Christmas tree next year.  Do the colors look familiar?  & I got all turquoise & red ornaments too!


No comments:

Post a Comment