Sunday, December 4, 2011

8 Months To Go


Some people say time flies when you're having fun...I say time flies when you're too busy to breathe!  Lately we have been going going going non-stop & sometimes it seems like the stress is never-ending.  Finals are coming up this week for both of us & work always seems to be looming also.  Then, add on our Wednesday night commitments to serve at church as well as Christmastime coming up & we've got a pretty packed schedule.  One thing's for sure, that leaves very little time for wedding planning!  Buuuut, somehow we always seem to make time to see friends, paint (me) & watch football (Anthony...& sometimes me).  We've got to be able to have something that keeps us sane, right?  Something I was really blessed by this weekend was spending so much time with Mandie (M. Sledge) who has taken to calling me S. Camp...which I am more than fine with!  (A friend once gave me the advice to practice using & signing my new last name in advance, so I'm definitely happy about my new nickname.)  Anyway, I'm was so excited to be able to ask Mandie to "coordinate" our wedding the day of (make sure everything runs smoothly & on schedule...AKA according to the plan).  Running & putting together events of any kind is something she is so gifted at & I know that our wedding is going to be better because of her!

On another happy note, the monthly emails that I get from The Knot came today...on the to-do list for this month is registering for gifts...eeeeekkkkkkk!  That has been something that I have so looked forward to doing & I think doing it during the holiday season will just make it that much more special & fun!  If anyone has thoughts on where to register & where not to register, I am totally open to suggestions.  The only thing I really want from our registries is to have at least two stores.  One for me & one for him...that way he can get some man-things like tools.  So far I'm thinking Bed Bath & Beyond along with a Lowe's or Home Depot-type store.  I told my Grannie that I was planning on registering for stuff that we knew people probably wouldn't get us anyway so we could get the 10% discount when we complete our registry :) so sneaky!

I feel like I've fallen behind on all of the cool things that I've gotten to help decorate our wedding & all of the inspirations I've seen around lately.  So let's catch up really fast:

It's not really for the wedding, but I found this sugar-shaker at an antique store & just had to get it for Anthony He has always wanted one like the ones they have at Waffle House & this one was even the right color :) I have no doubt that it will be used every day for coffee in our house.


Handled Mason Jar I found in our kitchen cabinets.  Mom told me I could have it :)


50% off glassware at Hobby Lobby (who should also have a wedding registry...just saying!)


Teal candle...it got kinda melted but it's still pretty!


Okay, didn't buy this recently, but I think some of my mom's jewelry came in it once.  Luckily for me, I'm a complete pack-rat, so I found it looking for a gift bag the other day.  It's the right color scheme, so I'm going to try to keep it to use in some way on our wedding day.  I'm sure I can put something good in it!


Napkins & plates from Party City when we were picking up things for Carson's birthday...too stinkin' cute.


$0.99 bandanas at HobLob!  I think I need a few of these...



Holy Mason Jars.  I want them all.  Right now.  As I limped around Hobby Lobby on my poor little knee after Mandie took me to the doctor (I refused to ride in a wheelchair like she wanted me to haha), I had to stop & drool over these jars.  I thought I had died & gone to Heaven when I saw them................but then I saw the price tags.  Does anyone know if they're included in the 50% off glassware sale when that happens?!  I mean really they're not that expensive, but I can't buy 150 of them like I want to for guests to drink out of & take home.  I might just have to re-arrange the budget so that we can though, because I seriously freaking love Mason Jars & we get to keep the leftover favors ;)

P.S. The extra huge ones...$29.99.  Yep, you read that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment