Thursday, February 23, 2012

Did Somebody Say...Presents?!





Well, we are officially registered!  I ended up wanting to so badly after suit-shopping on Saturday that we spent the rest of the weekend on the internet picking things out.  As of right now, we have registries at Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy's & Sears.  (We were going to do Home Depot or Lowe's instead, but they either don't have registries or they don't do them online or if they were online it was much too confusing for me--or guests--to have to figure out).  While we were looking at china patterns at Macy's, I came across a bunch that were our colors!  But since we're having a red & black kitchen, I went for a white pattern with black designs.  

It turned out that even something that is supposed to be fun like registering could be stressful........who knew?  The stores suggest registering for twice as many gifts as you will have guests so that people will have a variety of items & price-points to choose from.  Well, we're having 150 guests & had serious trouble even getting to 200 gifts!  Everything that I looked at I asked myself "do I really want/need this?"  Anthony did the same things with all of his man stuff.  Like I said, not the easiest task.  I'm trying not to let little things like that (& a bunch of other wedding/life drama that has been going on lately) get to me.  I know this is supposed to be a fun time, so I'm doing my best to cherish all of it.  Haters gon' hate :)

As of today, it's only 163 days until our wedding!  Then we will be on a plane to Aruba & coming back to our new home a week later.  That's what I'm keeping my mind on & that's what helps me not sweat the small stuff.  Plus, the little random encouragements that I'm getting from my friends aren't hurting!


Kim sent me this picture last week & said she is seeing our colors popping up everywhere!  I guess I'm just such a trend-setter that a bunch of designers are recognizing what great style I have & want to use my ideas :) imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? hahaa!  


A's mom gave me these keys a while back, but this is the first chance I've had to get a decent picture of them all out of their wrappers.  Super cute!

Aaannnnddddd while I was playing around online, I found this AMAZING calligrapher.  Seriously, her envelopes are pure art.  I really want her to address our invitations!  I have a feeling it might be a little expensive, but I might just have to splurge on it.  Not sharing her just yet, though.  This one's too good not to keep to myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment