Saturday, February 18, 2012

Major Meltdown




This is what me & Haley Rae's night looked like last night.  After a reeeaaaallllllyyyyyyy good dinner that we cooked for Anthony & my mom (no need to mention me almost burning the house down), we got to work in the living room floor.  Two hours, two markers, 125+ index cards, & a whole lot of stress.  I am so thankful for her! & for all the words of encouragement I'm getting on Facebook from people who have been in my shoes before.  

Here's what it boils down to: 150 seats.  193 people to invite.  Is there any chance that 43 people won't come?  Okay, okay.  There are 13 people that don't need seats.  Us, Jay, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, & the ushers.  So 180 people that need seats...about 30 more than we can fit.  & there apparently might be more that we need to invite.  I know they say that not everyone will come, especially out of town family.  But is it safe to bank on that?...no.  & it would be just our luck that absolutely everyone would want/need to come.  This whole process has gotten so frustrating.  That combined with other normal (or not so normal) wedding annoyances, I just couldn't take any more last night.  It'd be great if this was the easiest thing in the world, if everyone had the same opinions, but that's never the case with anything, is it

Put all of these things together....................................................& you get a legit bridezilla moment.  Luckily, only 3 of the people that I'm most comfortable around (Anthony, Haley & my mom) were there to see it.  Haley let me binge on cookies, Anthony let me yell, & mom told me not to let it ruin my weekend.  I genuinely try not to let my craziness get the best of me, to not be a complete control freak & let other people's opinions count.  Last night was just the straw that broke the camel's back.  

There are probably 10-16 people on my mom's side that she knows won't come but need invitations out of respect.  I need to try to get the same kind of info from A's family, too.  Maybe they will have a similar number of people that probably won't attend.  If all else fails, I'm considering sending out 150 only.  Then as I get a few "no"s back, inviting more.  I know that seems tactless, but we literally can't have more than 150 people sitting for the ceremony.  The space is not capable of holding more, & our contract with the facility does not allow for it.  

At this point, I'm not sure what to do & I don't know how to figure it out.  I guess I'm just going to have to get a little more info then try to make an informed decision.

On to some happier things (trying to cheer my own self up)!

Recent picture inspirations:


Mandie sent me these :)


I just love keys. & red. Heaven.


Kera's new tumbler & a pillow that I saw in Britt & Charissa's apartment.


"C" wall ornament!


What can I say, metal was half off at Hobby Lobby.  On the left are some keys that I hope to incorporate in the wedding (then bring home) & on the right are some hooks that will hang in our home.  Love it!


Anthony's Valentine's Day present.  I may have gone a little...okay definitely overboard.  But he so deserves it.  After all, he puts up with my bridezilla moments & still wants to marry me anyway! & he totally spoils me.  The movies are supplies for his future man cave...doesn't mean no girls are allowed in it! Just a cool movie & game room :)

On another exciting note, I talked to MH & we are planning on doing engagement pictures the 4th weekend in March.  I can't wait!  I know we'll be running a little late on save-the-dates, but better late than never, right?  I'm really glad that it's going to be a little warmer for these pictures & I'm just so excited!  

Later this afternoon, we are going to look at the suits I think I want from JC Penny.  My parents, Anthony's parents, Mitchell, Anthony & me are all going out to lunch at Olive Garden first then going shopping.  Pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment