Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Signed, Stamped & Sealed


There they all are...the invitations for our wedding :)  I spent most of last week & some of this week making them perfect.  I didn't really think about how much effort went into each individual one until I had to sit down & make like 100 of these little envelopes perfect.  The invitation, the tissue paper, the response card, the response envelope (with another stamp), the inner envelope (which, by the way you should never try to lick. Gross), & finally the outer envelope.  Those are just the pieces.  Then I had to do the calligraphy on them.  It's not perfect, but I'm pretty proud of myself, I have to say.  Especially since I did over half of them without realizing that there was a tool in the kit (below) for writing straight lines...whoops :)


  I also didn't realize that you can write a very light number in pencil on the inside of the response card, your "secret number," that tells who the invitation went to in case they forget to write their name on it.  Don't get excited if you find your number on yours, they aren't in any kind of "favorite" order...just the numbers down the line in my Excel spreadsheet in order that I typed them into the computer (AKA as I got the lists & addresses).  

After writing the addresses on all of them, I had to put a stamp on each outer envelope.  When I went to the post office to have one of the invitations weighed, it was too much for a regular stamp, but they sell $0.65 stamps (below) that look like they're pretty much made for wedding invitations, so I was able to get those instead of putting 2 stamps on each one, which ended up saving like $20 :)  Then I sealed the back of it with our awesome family stamp that Nicole gave my mom for Christmas one year.  



That was my favorite part...the stamping with our cool thing (above), not the licking of the envelope.  Ew.  Did you know that for every envelope you lick you actually eat 1/2 of a calorie?  Not to mention my tongue got kinda dried out & I cut it a couple of times :(


There is one of the finished products.  I'm still pretty set on keeping the insides a secret since not much else will be by the time the wedding gets here ;)  I also figured it was a pretty safe bet that no one would get their feelings hurt if I used my dad's invitation as an example because of course he is coming.  Haha!

In other news, we finally booked a bakery.  Well, I booked one for the wedding cake anyway...they will probably do the groom's cake too but just haven't gotten to that yet.  We went with Sugar Kneads in Loganville.  My mom went & bought a few cupcakes one day after work of flavors that I said I wanted to try but we didn't have time to go together.  I liked their cake (surprisingly enough, because I really don't like cake that much & I especially hate icing).  I was getting worried that we wouldn't find a bakery at all, but Anthony's mom gave me a great backup plan of getting a Krispy Kreme donut cake instead.  I don't like too many sweets, but donuts have a special place in my heart, especially if the "hot & fresh" sign is on ;)  Frankly, I might have actually done that if so many people hadn't reacted negatively to it.  Anyway, if I'm being perfectly honest SK wouldn't have been our first choice if we weren't so crunched for time at this point & if I hadn't hated the cake from the other bakery that we tried in Monroe.  Nicole had a really bad experience with them for her wedding (they were under a different owner & cancelled like two weeks before the wedding), they are a little...okay a lot over-priced & (still being perfectly honest) super rude when we were there.  But I couldn't stress about the cake for one more day, so we went ahead & booked them.  What can ya do?  The cake will be beautiful & taste good too.  

I just got the phone call (like five minutes ago) that my veil came in at Charme & I have to get out there & pick that up in the next couple of weeks.  That will mean that my dress & veil are both in (I made my fitting appointment for the second weekend in June earlier this week).  Plus, I asked while I had her on the phone & the bridesmaid dresses are due in the first week in June, so that's another relief :)  

Yesterday, I ordered bubbles for the reception from Oriental Trading & I'm excited about how cute they are.  I even made arrangements to have a violinist & cellist (recommended by Kera's roommate Sarah, a music student getting her master's at UGA) at the ceremony, which I'm so pumped about.  That was huge on my wish list, but I had no idea if it would be too expensive.  

Now I don't have much left to do besides making some of the DIY decorations & ordering napkins & programs.  Oh & find a house.  But we aren't going to talk about that because it's getting harder & more frustrating by the day.

We're getting close, y'all :)

P.S. One last thing before I go...I just finished reading this awesome book that I remembered one of the girls in my cohort last year recommending.  It's called "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn.  It's a book about all of the things women don't understand about men, helping them understand & change some of the things that they're doing so that they can have better, stronger, healthier & more loving relationships.  The best part is that it's based from a Godly perspective.  It was a fast & easy but also challenging read.  I would recommend it to anyone who is married, engaged or even seriously dating/considering marriage.  I will gladly loan you my copy if you want :)  Now, if I could just get Anthony to read "For Men Only." ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment