Friday, May 4, 2012

It's The Final Countdown!

I can't believe it, but we are at the 100 day mark!  In fact, we passed it 8 days ago.  I didn't even realize it until our photographer emailed me to remind me that our 90 day payment was coming up super soon.  Today is officially 3 months until our wedding.  Everything has just snuck up on me so quickly with how busy we have been with school & work & house-hunting (which I never imagined would be so difficult).  

A few updates on what's been going on lately:

We've been house-hunting like crazy.  And when we aren't going to look at them in person, we're digging to find everything online that we can.  The house from the last post fell through, which was okay because something didn't exactly feel right about it.  Somehow I think I knew that it wasn't going to work out.  But then, we found this awesome house really close to church & it was seriously perfect (I'm talking, garage in the back that would have fit Anthony's truck, perfect).  But as soon as we had seen it, our realtor Jen found out that it had been under contract for two days & the bank's realtor hadn't updated the FMLS listing...which is ridiculous (in fact, it still hasn't been removed & it's been off the market for a week now).  So we're back on the hunt.  We're going to look at like 10 houses this afternoon & are really hopeful about a few of them.  

Anthony got to walk in his graduation celebration at Georgia State on Tuesday, & I am so incredibly proud of him.  It is really crazy to look back & think about how much we made it through.  Anthony wrote this paper his freshman year for English about how young love really can work, & I guess we're living proof of that.  I can't believe I just remembered that assignment, but it's funny the way things work out perfectly.  Just gotta keep remembering that as we face so much uncertainty with so many things coming up.  Things are coming along, though.  There is a possibility for Anthony at the company that he already works out, so continue to pray over that situation.  & pray that we find a home sometime soon :)

On Wednesday, I found out that the ties that we selected for our wedding went out of production.  Insert panic-induced heart attack here.  The only reason that we even knew was because my dad went to order his suit & everything but couldn't find the ties online.  I thought maybe there was a problem with what I told him to type into the search box, but I went through the entire JC Penny website & they were nowhere to be found.  So, Kera & I went to the Athens mall to buy the two that they had, then we spent like an hour on our phones calling every mall that we could think of to get the rest of the ones that we needed.  7 ties from 4 different locations.  I got 3 more from the Mall of Georgia, my mom got one from Gwinnett Place Mall & Kera got one from the Macon mall.  Crisis averted!

Speaking of men's attire, I finally got all of the info out to the guys about what they need to wear for the wedding.  Now just have to leave it up to them to go out & get it :) 


Still need bridesmaids' shoes too...can't seem to find any that are cute & still reasonably priced.  If anyone happens by flat red shoes (preferably sandals) for a reasonable price...please let me know!  Maybe we should just wear glittery red TOMS like these & look like we belong in the Wizard of Oz :)

I picked up our invitations from Carmichael's yesterday...there is so much stuff!  They were in this really big, heavy box.  I was definitely not expecting all of that.  At least they're really pretty :)  Can't wait to address them & mail them out!  Paying for postage on the other hand...not so much.  

Also yesterday, Anthony helped move me out of my apartment.  I've spent most of the past two years there...lots of memories.  I had hoped that we would be moving me out & straight into a house, but everything happens for a reason.  Soon we'll have a house of our own & won't have to do any more moving for quite some time.  That will be a great day!

Today, I'm going to try on my wedding dress for the first time since I ordered it :)  I can't wait to put it on again...the way that I knew it was the one was that I didn't want to take it off.  I can't wait to see what it looks like all put together on the big day...might just have to take my jewelry & hair piece with me today so I can get a little preview!


Last thing...Ashley's shorts at iHop on the last day of class.  Aren't they perfect? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment