Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake

Yesterday, I was driving home from Athens (more on why later) & decided to stop in Monroe to finalize our invitation proofs at Carmichael's.  Don't ask me why, but I have been completely forgetting to do this for about a week now.  After we saw the first proof, we had to have our monogram changed from 

SCJ

to 

SCA

Technically Anthony's first name is James, but no one calls him that, so we decided to put the A in its place.  I won't post a picture of the full invitation because I want it to be a surprise, but here's what the monogram that will appear on it looks like: 


I love it :) After finalizing the order yesterday, they will be printed & back to me within a few weeks, so I can start addressing them!  I originally wanted a professional to do calligraphy, but it's something I want to try to do for myself.  

P.S. for anyone else wondering & I have already told several people, I HIGHLY recommend them for invitations...even though they will try to rope you into registering there as well.  The other vendor I would also suggest is our florist, Jeff at The Garden Gate in Monroe.  I'd also say our fantastic photographer, but she will no longer be photographing weddings after this year.  So unfortunately you missed your chance even though I got to her just in time.  Still feel so blessed to have her capturing every moment of our wedding day.  Speaking of MH, we got our engagement picture CD in the mail last weekend! 


This is the cover...isn't it perfect?!  She customized it to fit our wedding colors, which I love!  I haven't been able to open the files yet on my computer (the only thing that I can complain about with my MacBook), but I'm planning on getting them onto my mom's computer tonight then emailing them to myself :) Can't wait to be able to order SO many prints & maybe even a photo canvas ;)

Okay, so that was a roundabout way to get to the fact that I got lost going to look at the invitations in Monroe.  I've never come into the city from Athens before, so I ended up going the completely wrong way (I bought the new iPhone last weekend & Siri is not living up to my expectations, to say the least...)  Somehow I wound up right near our venue, The Cotton Warehouse.  On my way, I passed a super tiny, cute bakery (literally a couple of blocks from TCW) called Simply Southern Bake Shop that I have heard good things about before but couldn't remember the name of it.  Some people call it "Sweet Memories," though & that's why I couldn't ever find it online.  I had some time to kill, so I parked the car, walked right in & asked to look at their portfolio.  I liked what I saw, so I set up a tasting for us in early May.  Hopefully since they are so close to the venue their transportation fee will be low or even complimentary.  One more thing about to be checked off the to-do list!  Yay :)



So...back to the reason why I was back in Loganville yesterday...we have been looking at a house pretty seriously & are interested in it, so my uncle, Larry came with us yesterday to loan us his contractor eyes & do an informal inspection on the house & give us his thoughts.  It went well, so we'll just have to see what the next couple of weeks hold.  Praying that if this is where God wants us to be, the process will be quick & easy...it could get messy since it's a short sale.  Also praying that opportunities for work will open up close enough to the house for us to not have to move or pay an arm & a leg for gas & vehicle maintenance.  As I write this, I just received an email about returning to my position at summer camp, which is great & Anthony also *might* have a window of opportunity at the company he works at now...but we've been let down by them before so I'm not going to get my hopes up until there is a certainty, just like this house.  Choosing to just trust in God for both & that's enough!

Two more bits of exciting news.......

1. My wedding dress came in on Monday!!!!!!!!  I get to go try it on & get started with the fitting process sometime in the next couple of weeks :)  eeeekkkkkkkkk!!!

2. Even though we signed a contract with a DJ from Spectrum Entertainment months ago (literally), he finally gave me the link to start my online music/entertainment planner.  Apparently there was some confusion & I guess he had sent it to my mom's email instead originally?  It's a lot of information & a lot of material to plan (how the heck are we supposed to choose who all gets to sing & read at our wedding?  We have so many talented people around us & so many we want to include...), but I'm still excited.  

Now I'm off to fill out a bunch of paperwork (like 11 forms) so that I can have my job back this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment