Sunday, April 1, 2012

The First Presents & The First Project


We are so excited to have received our first gifts from our registry!  I got both the plates & the knives for my birthday...from my mom & then my dad (in that order).  I always have trouble telling people what to get me for birthdays or Christmas, so it's really nice to be able to have a registry for things like this :) the plates are the accent pieces for our china pattern.  I'm in love!  I can't wait to be able to fill our kitchen with things like these & cook dinner for my man (& everyone else!) all the time.  So so exciting.  I was bummed to learn that I won't be able to use thank-you cards with C's on them until after we're married, though.


Saw these at Carmichael's when Haley Rae & I ordered my invitations there today (I'll get the proofs next weekend, yay!)  There's red & aqua together, not to mention that I registered for a white one of these adorable bread baskets.  Speaking of invitations, it is a ridiculously complicated process.  It only took a collective 3+ hours to pick them out, get the right fonts/wording/etc., & get them ordered.



More red & aqua kitchen things!  Not that we're having a red & aqua kitchen...more like red & black.  They're still cute anyway!


Today was our first big home-improvement project.  Technically it wasn't for our home, but hey...it still counts!  I messed up my mom's coffee table pretty bad with nail polish remover :( oops.  Anthony spent all afternoon today sanding & re-staining the table.  Turns out he's pretty good at it!  The table still needs a second coat of stain, but it looks a million times better already.  Something tells me he's going to come in pretty handy when we have a home in the near future!  :)


MELISSA HUME PHOTOGRAPHY


MELISSA HUME PHOTOGRAPHY

Two of our engagement pictures that I just had to have!  I got MH to email them to me so I could go ahead & put them on Facebook for profile pics :)  I just love them so much.  Couldn't be happier with our pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment