Monday, June 4, 2012

Two Month To-Dos


There's our two month calendar...two rings over there for two months :) I haven't been able to post pictures of these for a while because I kind of lost my wedding planner calendar for a few months.  It was killing me that I didn't have it...I misplaced it in my move back home from school in Athens.  It ended up being in my mom's guest bathroom?  This month has a lot more going on that pretty much any other before.  Showers, fittings, etc. on top of the regular items that I need to get done.  I have an incredibly long to-do list over the next two weeks, about twice as long as any of the lists for up to three months at a time.  Here goes nothing:

x Mail invitations.  Include accommodation choices and a map to assist guests in finding the ceremony and reception sites. (If you get your invitation & send me a picture on my phone, it pretty much makes my day!  This happened a few times today & I loved it.)
_ Maintain a record of RSVPs and all gifts received.  Send thank-you notes upon receipt of gifts.
_ Determine hair style and makeup.
_ Schedule to have your hair, makeup and nails done the day of the wedding. (Think I want all of the bridesmaids & moms & me to get our nails done the day before the wedding!)
x Finalize shopping for wedding day accessories such as toasting glasses, ring pillow, guest book, etc.
_ Set up an area or table in your home to display gifts as you receive them.
_ Check with your local newspapers for wedding announcement requirements.
_ Have your formal wedding portrait taken.
_ Send wedding announcement & photograph to your local newspaper.
_ Change name & address on drivers license, social security card, insurance policies, subscriptions, bank accounts, memberships, etc. (I'm probably going to wait until after the wedding to do this because our plane tickets are in my maiden name.)
_ Select & reserve wedding attire for groom, ushers, father of the bride and ring bearer. (Well, we have it selected but the pants have been back-ordered for a few weeks now so we're having difficulty getting this part done.)
_ Select a guest book attendant.  Decide when to have guest sign in.
_ Mail invitations to rehearsal dinner. (We can't do this until at least 30 days out because The Cotton Warehouse doesn't allow us to reserve the space until then in case someone wants to book for a wedding on Friday night.)
_ Get blood test & health certificate.
_ Obtain marriage license.
_ Plan a luncheon or dinner with your bridesmaids.  Give them their gifts at that time or at the rehearsal dinner. (Lake weekend...can't wait to give them a gift for that weekend & then more at the rehearsal dinner!)
_ Find "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a six pence (or shiny penny) for your shoe." (Got everything covered besides the six pence...do I really want a piece of metal in my shoe all day??)
x Finalize menu, beverage & alcohol order.

I've sure got a busy time ahead of me!  Plus I just started my summer job today & I found out that I'll be getting 7.5 hours a week more than last year, which is really a blessing since they weren't able to give us raises.  I'm thankful, but it's still going to be really hectic!  


First shower invite that I got from my mom's side...never mind that my name was spelled Sara, lol it's the thought that counts ;)


This is the gorgeous invitation that I got in the mail today from Anthony's mom for her shower...it is seriously perfect & even the right color for our wedding!



We were finally able to pick some bridesmaids' shoes (I posted a pic of my shoes, so I can post a pic of theirs too, right?) this weekend & the bridesmaids' dresses are supposed to be coming in sometime this week :) My mom found that out when she went to pick up my veil for me last weekend, which I really appreciated!  I also have an alterations appointment this Saturday afternoon, which is also when Anthony, Mitchell & James are helping my dad move some of the stuff that he is giving us out of his house.  



I've been forgetting to post these pictures because they weren't on my phone but through a Facebook message, but Andrew sent me these a while back.  Keys & blue glass, my favorites.  


Mandie noticed that me & Clint were wearing the wedding colors at small group on Saturday & took a picture!  Okay, it's kind of a horrible picture but you get the idea. Ha :)


Last thing...but I saw this guy at Racetrac & he had one of these antique skeleton keys tattooed on the back of his calf.  Really weird, but I couldn't help but take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment