Sunday, November 6, 2011

(A Little Less Than) 9 Months To Go!


Well, there's our November calander! It just seems to be getting closer & closer & I can't wait for our special day to finally be here.  More than that, I can't wait to finally be Anthony's wife.  I meant to post this on the 4th when it would have actually been 9 months, but some things came up & we've both been really busy.  Two posts in a short time is getting more frequent & I got back to Athens not tired at all so I figured why not :)

We finished up pretty much the last of what was still on our "9 months & above" checklist within the past week.  Here are some of the things that still had to be done that we finally took care of:

x Select & order your bridal gown & headpiece. (My mom & I went to order the dress yesterday...still waiting to go order the veil from a different store but it won't take nearly as long to come in.)
x Select maid of honor, best man, bridesmaids, groomsmen, & ushers. (Anthony just has one more usher to ask, then we'll be ready to announce those as well.)

We did some other things like "select & book photographer" & "buy a calander to note all important activities" a while back.  Unfortunately, we're still working on the "consolidate all guest lists" part.  I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest sources of stress from this whole process.


For a while, it was kind of assumed that our College & Career Minister (& Anthony's softball coach), Jay, would be marrying us, but I hadn't thought of a good way to "officially" ask him to be our officiant until recently. So I just did what comes naturally: paint.  This afternoon, I finished up one of the "last name" paintings that have become so popular for he & his wife, Dawn.  Tonight at small group, we gave them their gift & now we will officially definitely be going through marriage counseling with the Mooneys & the ceremony will be perfoemed by Jay.

Here's what's up on the to-do list for the next 3 months:

_ Select flower girl & ring bearer.
_ Give the Wedding Party Responsibility Cards to your wedding party.
_ Select attendants' dresses, shoes & accessories. (Already have an idea, but not quite settled yet.)
_ Select flower girl's dress, shoes & accessories.
x Select & book caterer. (Done within 30 days of signing our venue contract, thank goodness!)
_ Select & book ceremony musicians (we know who we want to sing, but anyone know where I can find a cheap string quartet?)
_ Select & book reception musicians or DJ. (Going to be looking into The Cotton Warehouse's preferred DJ.)
_ Schedule fittings & delivery dates for yourself, attendants, flower girl & ring bearer.
_ Select & book florist. (This is my next order of business...I would really like Beyond Details to do it, but I know they're kind of ridiculously expensive.  Any suggestions?)



Back to the dress:  I. AM. SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.  The best compliments that I have gotten on it are that it is "so me" & will go "perfectly with the theme" of our wedding.  I can't believe I have to wait many months until I can even try it on again, much less wear it in our wedding.  It's become so hard not to let Anthony see the dress...it seems like it's everywhere!  I have it on my phone, my camera & my computer (in a folder called "ANTHONY DO NOT OPEN").  Now, I also have a packet from the bridal salon (above) with a photocopy of the dress from the designer's sample portfolio.  He knows not to look in that either now :)


I've been so blessed with my consultant at Bride Beautiful, Joan.  She is so helpful (she's the one that pulled the dress I picked) & she even picked out this brooch to attach to my dress when she saw that it needed a little more bling.  Originally, she thought that the dress came with one like this but it had fallen off or gotten broken Come to find out, it doesn't come with one at all As we were leaving yesterday, she slipped me this beautiful pin & said "okay, so I'll just write the style down in your chart so we remember for later ;)"  She just gave it to me...so generous!


My Grannie & I had lunch this week & after we went in a little antique store.  I found this old glass vinegar jar & loved it!...she laughed because those were standard items when she was growing up, not a treasure that should be featured in a country wedding like I see it.  It was only $5, so I bought it.  Like most of the other little things I keep picking up, I'm sure we'll be able to find a place for it somewhere :) It just fits the whole atmosphere of our wedding!  Anthony thought he had some smaller versions of this in his parents' basement, but they had gotten thrown out at some point.  The good thing about looking for them, though, is that I stumbled upon a ton of Mason jars & Mrs. Camp told me that I could use them!  Anyone who knows me knows how exciting that is for me & I was just so happy!!


Above are my two color inspirations for the week: shutters on windows in downdown Loganville & Laura Murphy's Polo t-shirt (yes, she knew that I was taking this picture...I asked permission first!  I'm not that creepy haha).

Now that it's way past my bedtime, be on the lookout for a post on the boys (hopefully from the boy!)sometime in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment