Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Guys


GROOMSMEN


ANDREW CAMP
Andrew is two years older than me and will be my best man.  I've chosen him because he is my older brother and because I know I can count on him to fulfill all of the duties required by this job.  We are both really interested in hunting, guns and trucks.  It was a hard decision picking between him and our brother Mitchell because I'm so close with both of them.  But at the end of the day this is what felt like the right thing to do and I think they're both happy with their roles in our wedding.  One thing that made it even tougher to decide was that Andrew will be spending most of the time before the wedding in Italy, but I'm sure everything will work out just fine.


MITCHELL CAMP
Mitchell is four years younger than me.  We always find some way to have fun like riding dirt bikes, sports, getting into trouble...like the picture in the snow, messing around or even just playing Xbox.  He has been one of the most supportive people of me and Sarah since we have gotten engaged and even before that which both of us have been so thankful for.  I try to be there for him whenever he needs me and I know he always has my back too.


JAMES THOMPSON
I've known James since going to Grayson High School together.  We have worked together for as long as I can remember.  I helped him get a job at my workplace after our senior year together, then when we were ready to be done there he helped me get into Micromeritics, where we are both working now.  We are always eating lunch together and it's nice to be able to work with a friend every day. 

(Sorry for the crop-outs and I couldn't cut out Brian without looking like we photoshopped ourselves in).

JAKE WALTERS
Jake is one of my oldest friends and we go back to high school if not before as well.  We're just a bunch of redneck crazy guys from Grayson and I wouldn't have it any other way.  For as long as I can remember we have gone to bonfires together and I have always known that if I ever needed anything I could call Jake...and that if he ever need anything he could call me.  Just like Mitchell is the supportive brother...Jake is the supportive friend.  He has never been anything but nice to Sarah and that is so important in a friend to me.  When he joined the Army me and Sarah were sad that we wouldn't get to see him as often but when we do get to see him it's always fun.  I was even worried that he wouldn't be able to be in our wedding because he would be gone but I was excited when he told us that he would be able to make it.

USHERS



ADAM GARNER
Adam is Sarah's older cousin...only a few months younger than me.  We always have fun at the lakehouse together and try to always one-up each other doing the craziest and most dangerous competitions on the water.  He has always helped me with anything that I need and I'm glad that he's going to be helping make everything go smoothly on our wedding day.


JOSH HIGGINS
This is the best picture of us together that I could find but I think it fits perfectly.  I have been playing softball with Josh in our church league for a couple of years now and that is how I have gotten to know him so well.  He is a great player and is so fun to be on the field with.  One of the first things that we knew when we started thinking about details for our wedding was that we wanted Josh to sing.  Now he's going to be an usher too and we are so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment